Your investments can be the key to unlocking the lifestyle you want to achieve.
At Venture, we can help you select the optimal structure for each element of your portfolio, tailored to your short term and long term objectives, investment time frame, financial resources and your appetite for risk. We can help you create a lifestyle you can enjoy both now and in the future.
Choosing the right structure
We specialise in complex advice spanning a variety of structures, including:
- Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs)
- Family trusts.
Once your structure is in place, we’ll continue to support you with portfolio administration and advice, taking into account new regulatory developments and emerging opportunities.
To achieve that, we follow a disciplined wealth planning process, designed to unlock your financial potential:
- Defining the scope of engagement
In our first meeting we will explain the process that we will follow, find out your needs and make sure they can meet them. We will also talk you through our background as financial advisers and our fee structure
- Identifying your goals
Next, we build on our understanding and work with you to identify your short and long term financial goals – this stage serves as a foundation for developing your plan
- Assessing your financial situation
Once we have identified your short and long term goals, we then take a good look at your position – your assets, liabilities, insurance coverage and investment or tax strategies
- Preparing your financial plan
Once we have a clear understanding of your individual goals and your financial situation, we will then recommend suitable strategies, products and services, and answers any questions you have
- Implementing recommendations
Once you’re ready to go ahead, your financial plan will be put into action; where appropriate, we may work with specialist professionals, such as an accountant or solicitor as identified
- Reviewing the plan
We continuously monitor your portfolio to make sure you’re on track to achieve your objectives. Then we meet regularly with you and your family to review its performance, explore new opportunities, identify emerging risks, and understand your evolving needs.
We can help you explore a wide range of investment options, including:
- Direct equities Customised portfolios designed to generate either capital growth or a tax-effective income stream, depending on your needs
- Property Residential and commercial property investments, including property held through a self-managed super fund (SMSF)
- Managed funds Cost-effective exposure to a diverse range of assets through professionally managed funds, including wholesale funds otherwise unavailable to individual investors
- Exchange-traded funds Combining the flexibility and liquidity of shares with the diversification benefits of managed funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) are an increasingly popular investment option
- Fixed interest and hybrids Often perceived as a purely defensive investment, bonds and other fixed-interest investments can also generate superior long-term returns with reduced risk
- Capital-protected investments Geared investments with the security of built-in capital protection
- Structured investments Specialised investments structured to generate income or capital gains over a specified time-frame, often with tax benefits
- Separately Managed Accounts(SMAs) that aim to provide individual investors with access to the benefits of portfolio diversification, professional management and administrative ease that are often only available to larger entities
- Individually Managed Accounts A tailored investment management vehicle combining direct share ownership with professional management.
Tax Effective Strategies
The Australian tax system is enormously complex, creating both legitimate tax minimisation opportunities and pitfalls for the unwary. We can help you explore a range of tax-effective investment options, from geared investments to salary packaging and trust structures.
Your Venture adviser is ideally positioned to help you navigate an increasingly complex regulatory landscape thanks to the support of the Godfrey Pembroke network and the wider MLC group. We also work closely with your other professional advisers, such as your accountant, to help ensure you enjoy the best possible after-tax outcomes.
Here are some of the ways we can help you manage your finances more tax effectively:
- Salary packaging to help executives and business owners maximise the benefits of salaries, options and other employee benefits.
- Geared investment strategies including property, shares and capital protected investments.
- Super and SMSF strategies to take advantage of the inherent tax benefits of super.
- Wills and estate planning to transfer wealth effectively, without creating an unexpected tax liability for your family.